My deskmate this summer was a real jerk—but he was damn good at my job.
– Hey Jeff, just saw those numbers. Crazy what the Dow is doing these days!
– Yeah, I think the—.
– Three, four, five, eight! Sooo many fucking numbers! Always moving, rising! Falling.
– Mike, those are page numbers.
– They just keep going up. Into the hundreds—and the three-hundreds!
– This is a publishing company, you know—.
– At this rate, we’ll be retired by twenty-eight.
– —and no one has been paid in weeks.
– Time is money, Jeff. And money! is! time!
– I literally don’t even know what that means, Mike.
– (takes so much more Adderall)